The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – What it Means for Homeowners and Real Estate Professionals
[NAR 2018] The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) worked throughout the tax reform process to preserve the existing tax benefits of homeownership and real estate investment, as well to ensure as many real estate professionals as possible would benefit from proposed tax cuts. Many of the changes reflected in the final bill were the result of the engagement of NAR and its members, not only in the last three months, but over several years
Click here to download pdf of NAR issue brief. Click on each topic below to take you to NAR website discussion. This law has huge implications for both Realtors® and real estate owners, buyers and sellers. Stay informed. Don’t rely on social media gossip and guesswork. Know the facts.
This is one of the many reasons why belonging to a Realtor® Association can help you and your clients stay informed and make good financial decisions.
- Major Provisions Affecting Current and Prospective Homeowners
- Major Provisions Affecting Commercial Real Estate
- Major Provisions Affecting Real Estate Professionals
- Appendix 1 – Examples of How the Deduction for Qualified Business Income May Affect Various Real Estate Professionals
- Appendix 2 – Examples of How The New Law Will Affect the Tax Incentives of Owning a Home