8 Reasons to work with a Realtor
Not all real estate practitioners are REALTORS®. The term REALTOR® identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribes to a strict Code of Ethics. REALTORS® are required to complete a refresher course in the Code of Ethics every four years.
- Navigate a complicated process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multipage settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal and avoid delays or costly mistakes.
- Information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property.
- Help finding the best property. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market. Your REALTOR® can investigate and help you find all available properties.
- Negotiating skills. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your REALTOR® can advise you as to which are recommended or required.
- Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. In fact, a large share of sales comes as the result of a REALTOR’S® contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family. When a property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR®, you can prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property and limit strangers walking through your home.
- Someone who speaks the language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with someone who knows the lingo.
- Experience. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. Even if you have done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS®, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an expert on your side is critical.
- Objective voice. A Home often symbolizes family, rest, and security – it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, home buying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focuses on both the emotional and financial issues.